Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Jodi Arias designs T-shirts to raise funds for victims of domestic violence


I'm conflicted on this story.  I don't follow high profile court cases with 24 X 7 news coverage, and Jodi Arias is no exception.  The only reason she appears on my radar is that she's designing T-shirts, from behind bars, as an accused killer.

What?

Tweeting her designs and communicating with fans?  She released a T-shirt design with the word "Survivor" across the front.  The T-shirts will be sold and all proceeds will be donated to the Long Beach Women's Shelter and Reach Beyond Domestic Violence.  She's not making any profit on these T-shirts, she tweeted. (ABC 15)

I understand the jury is continuing to deliberate Arias' case, but is this allowable?  Moral?  Legal?  How do the organizations she's donating funds to feel about receiving the funds from the efforts of an accused killer?  

I like that she's raising money for these organizations, but I'm concerned the source of the funds taints the money.  But, maybe not.  

What are your thoughts?




No comments:

Post a Comment