Thursday, April 18, 2013

Quilt made from Paso Robles Wine Festival T-shirts


Wouldn't you like to have a quilt made of T-shirts from the Paso Robles Wine Festival?  Well, you can.  But, there's only one.  Sound buy your raffle tickets at Harmony Cellars (http://www.harmonycellars.com/) and you could win this wonderful quilt.  Raffle monies will be donated to Loaves and Fishes food bank. According to their sources, one in six people in the San Luis Obispo county (California) are are in a insure food situation, meaning they don't always know where their next meal is coming from.  Sadly, that reflects a 25% increase in people needing food from last year. (The Cambrian)

Personally, I have three such quilts at home.  All made by my mom using T-shirts we had laying around, and many which were purchased specially for quilts.  These quilts are the best blankets I've ever had.  Great for winter.  Thick.  Comfortable.  Colorful.  Durable.  I know making T-shirt quilts can be time consuming, but I wish more crafty people would do these.  Just a note, my mom took the leftover T-shirt material, after the front design was cut out, and made 5 inch squares, which she then used to build another quilt.  As much as I like the T-shirt quilts, there's nothing better than a quilt made from T-shirt material.  Its the softest quilt I've every touched.  Thanks, mom.


No comments:

Post a Comment